Tuesday 15 April 2008

Ready steady cook stylie!

Currently listening to: "Somewhere - Westside Story" - Leonard Bernstien

I was invited for dinner round to a mates house last night on the condition I cooked from ingredients that they had in their cupboards. As ever I was in a pasta mood and made chicken, bacon and leek in four-cheese sauce.



I used this recipe that my Mum taught me, it's so easy and works better then more complicated recipes.

Easy Cheese Sauce

I table spoon of Corn Flour
½ pint Milk
Any cheese, and as much cheese as you want!

Crack pepper (to taste)


Add corn flour to milk, and bring to boil stirring continually
Add cheese, pepper and turn heat right down, keep stirring.
Stir ‘till all the lumps have gone and serve


I just butterflied the chicken and chopped it into strips to fry off. Then finely chopped the bacon, leek and garlic to add to the pan at the last minute.
Take off the heat and stir in the cheese sauce.

After the meal, one of my mates commented on how if he had that meal at a good Italian restaurant he would be sure to go back again!

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me so I couldn't take a pic :( so instead I've uploaded one of my random travel photos from Australia!

Mike

3 comments:

Claire said...

Sounds very nice but we are on a health kick at the minute so cheese sauce is a no-go :(

Jules said...

What were the 4 cheeses (knowing what students are like ;) ? dairylea, primula, babybel and cheesestring? :p

Joking asaide I'll have to try this recipe next time I make a cheese sauce

Mike said...

Claire: Well it was healthy living chicken and healthy living bacon!

Jules: Cheddar, Double Gloucester, Edam and parmesan...a bit random but worked very well.