Currently Listening to: "Queen Symphony - Mvnt 3" - Tolga Kashif
I woke up really early this morning (not like me) so my body clock is all messed up and I ended up having lunch at 11.20! Today I made a classic that I haven't made for ages Penne Bolognese, my housemates always comment on how it's the best Bolognese ever. Considering half of one of my housemate’s family is Italian and she spends most of her holidays in Southern Italy I think it's quite a compliment. Anyway enough bigging myself up...!
Today I made my "Naked Bolognese" which is my simplest yet most loved version of my recipe.
Normally I'd make my own sauce with fresh tomatoes but I hadn't got enough in to make a sauce so I went for second best, Tomato Passata.
- Fry some very finely chopped (I used a blender to get them very fine) onions and one crushed clove of garlic.
- One the onions and garlic are just about cooked add the whole carton of passata and break up an oxo cube into the mix.
- Add a large pinch of oregano and chopped coriander, then leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Whilst the Sauce is simmering fry your mince with a splash of Worchester Sauce at the being and once the mince is starting to brown add the smallest splash of ruby port.
- Mix the sauce and mince together then serve on any pasta.
The thing I've learnt recently with this recipe that less really is more, don't drown your mince in sauce, just use enough to cover the mince.