Well it's been a very long time I last blogged and I really do miss it so I decided to kick things off again and keep my blog alive!
Dissertation boredom and final project insanity is starting to kick in so today I decided to try something I've seen on a few blogs recently - "5 min Cake". Much to my disgust my local Tesco doesn't sell "Cocoa Powder" so I've adapted the recipe and tried out a few flavours. We've experimented and adapted the method to come up with what we think is a rather good formula:
- 4 Tablespoons of normal flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tablespoons of Milk
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Flavour of your choice!
- Mix Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, Salt and you chosen flavour in a large mug.
- Add the egg and lightly mix.
- Pour in the Milk and Oil, and mix well.
- Put in Microwave at full power (750watts) for 3mins.
- Let stand for 30secs.
- Empty onto plate and eat straight away!
This cake was nuked for 4mins which was too long as the texture was rather rubbery, and we only put in half a tea spoon of baking powder making it rather heavy.
By now we'd learnt out lesson about over nuking and using too little baking powder. For the vanilla and Raisin we put in some vanilla extract and raisins into the mix. This made a beautiful texture and flavour.
In retrospect we should of used more nutella as the taste wasn't strong enough...
These cakes are great quick and easy to make, I can see them becoming a drunken munchies snack in my house!
Watch this space for more flavours and the continuation of my blog!