Firstly, I thought I better introduce myself on my first ever blog! Well, I'm a student Classical Composer and I have a passion for food and drink. Apparantly composers make good chefs, so I hope I don't disprove the theory by putting my culinary skills up in such a public domain!
As for drinking, I'm a typical student... only drinking on days that end in "Y", however I do have a taste for the less studenty tipple! As well as being a member of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) I really enjoy drinking Port, Tanqueray Gin and Pussers Rum.
Student Kitchen Etiquette
- Any food put on your shelf of the fridge is rightfully yours, even it was put there by an other flatmate by mistake.
- One bottle of washing-up liquid has to last the whole flat one academic year, only use in emergencies.
- Fire blankets make great tea-towels.
- Cleaning rotas never work; if you let the pile of washing up grow someone will eventually crack and wash it all up.
- If it's cheap then it's good, even chicken!
- Best before dates lie, the food has at least 10 days of life left once the 'best before' date has expired.
- All pots, pans and utensils are public property, sharing is good!