Friday 15 February 2008

Introductions and student kitchen etiquette!

Currently Listening to: "Heartbeats" - José Gonzáles

Firstly, I thought I better introduce myself on my first ever blog! Well, I'm a student Classical Composer and I have a passion for food and drink. Apparantly composers make good chefs, so I hope I don't disprove the theory by putting my culinary skills up in such a public domain!

As for drinking, I'm a typical student... only drinking on days that end in "Y", however I do have a taste for the less studenty tipple! As well as being a member of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) I really enjoy drinking Port, Tanqueray Gin and Pussers Rum.

Student Kitchen Etiquette

  • Any food put on your shelf of the fridge is rightfully yours, even it was put there by an other flatmate by mistake.
  • One bottle of washing-up liquid has to last the whole flat one academic year, only use in emergencies.
  • Fire blankets make great tea-towels.
  • Cleaning rotas never work; if you let the pile of washing up grow someone will eventually crack and wash it all up.
  • If it's cheap then it's good, even chicken!
  • Best before dates lie, the food has at least 10 days of life left once the 'best before' date has expired.
  • All pots, pans and utensils are public property, sharing is good!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Remind me never to eat in your student house again!

i am me said...

haha great etiquette... It must be a well know set of them too, due to the fact that most guys follow those.